Free Discovery Session
The brain is made up of lots of parts. This is an important point because it is the reason we can train or reprogram our brains to think differently, to learn, to remember, to replace habits, and to otherwise enlist our brains as a partner to getting what we want out of life.
Some of the primary brain parts include:
Each of these brain sections house various other structures, such as the amygdala in the temporal lobes, while other parts fit between lobes, such as the thalamus between the cerebral cortex and the midbrain.
The amygdala is part of the limbic system and is the emotional center of the brain involved in learning, memory, and reflexive emotions, like fear and anxiety. Triggers to the amygdala can shut off access of the prefrontal cortex in the frontal lobes and activate the fight, flight, freeze, or appease survival mechanisms.
The thalamus and the hypothalamus sit together above the brain stem. The former relays sensory information while the latter is a tiny complex structure involved in maintaining homeostasis, hormone production, and is the link between the endocrine and nervous systems.
There is more, much more, but you get the idea that all of these parts communicate with each other.
Most of the functions of the brain that participate in how we think, feel, and behave, operate within our subconscious. Some say that we are consciously aware of only 5% of our brains activities. That 5% can influence the other 95% through conscious thought and choices we make about how we show up in our every day lives.
Through coaching you can learn how to use the way your brain functions to improve any aspect of your life, if it involves thinking, emotions, and/or behavior. Imagine an easier way to "break" a habit, a simpler way to prioritize tasks and solve problems, or a less painful way to improve difficult relationships. When coaching employs neuroscience, you increase your control over the outcomes you choose for yourself.
If you know you can succeed, what will you reach for? What does an abundant life look like to you? You can step off the curb towards the future you choose for yourself by booking a complimentary Discovery Session. Click the button below to be directed to our scheduling system.